The pink carpet and white with pink linoleum are OUT! It wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be but it was no walk in the park. Started with the claw hammer to get under the carpet so I could pry it off the floor and pull and yank and pull some more. The holes where the furniture had been mounted onto the floor made it easier, though it was like using a bowling ball two sizes too small to squeeze your fingers in but it did give me leverage to get it up and out the door. The only nails/brads to deal with were on the velcro strips, they seemed to be used as a marker of where the furniture was to be laid out originally.
Pulling up the linoleum was no easy feat either. Once I used the blade to cut strips it peeled up easy enough but we found the linoleum had been glued to a 1/8 inch piece of plywood which had been glued to the floor…. so I had to cave and have him take over from there. My garden hoe came in handy! Once everything was up it was time to sand the floor to get the carpet fiber residue up and what pieces remained of the plywood. I didn’t think that darn belt would ever break so I could quit! There is still a bit to do in the kitchen area before we lay the new flooring but we will be ready when the priming and repainting are finished.